Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Are You To Judge?

Thanks

Default Re: Who Are You To Judge?

Day Of Days

Read:
    2 Timothy 2:1-4

You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. - 2 Timothy 2:3

In the television miniseries Band of Brothers, the 101st Airborne is flown over their drop zone during D-Day, the major offensive to liberate Europe from Nazi control. As the main character, Lt. Richard Winters, parachutes from the plane, the crack of antiaircraft and machine-gun fire fills the air.

Winters later reflected on his first day in combat: "That night, I took time to thank God for seeing me through that day of days... And if somehow I manage to get home again, I promise God and myself that I would find a quiet piece of land someplace, and spend the rest of my life in peace." Winters knew he must endure until that day came.

The Bible tells us that believers are caught in a conflict initiated by Satan's rebellion against God. Because of this, we are challenged to "endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" (2 Tim. 2:3). In Paul's day, the Roman legionnaires suffered in service for the emperor. As followers of Jesus, we may be called upon to do the same for the King of kings.

In heaven, we will no longer experience such difficulties but will enjoy lasting peace with the Savior. For now, we are to persevere by faith.

- Dennis Fisher

Lord, the trials we face at times seem too much to bear. We're grateful, though, for the reminders in Your Word that You will stay by our side and help us endure till You call us Home. Amen.

Victory is sure for those who endure.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Lord, the trials we face at times seem too much to bear. We're grateful, though, for the reminders in Your Word that You will stay by our side and help us endure till You call us Home. Amen.
    Longnguyen

Thanks

A Life Remembered

Read:
    Psalm 139:1-16

That we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. - 2 Corinthians 1:4

Daddy, help me." Those were the last words Dianne and Gary Cronin heard their daughter say as she struggled to breathe. Kristin, 14 years old, died suddenly - just 2 days after saying she didn't feel well. A strep infection attacked her body on Thursday. By Saturday, she was pleading with her daddy to help her.

Before Kristin died, I was scheduled to speak at her family's church in Soldotna, Alaska. In God's timing, I stood before the congregation the day after her funeral.
    Kristin was one of those vivacious teens who loved Jesus and lived for Him - and whose sudden death leaves us with a million questions.

Because I went through a similar loss of my own teenage daughter a few years ago, I was able to offer some advice to this stunned and grieving church. First, I said, we must recognize God's sovereignty. Psalm 139:16 reminds us that Kristin's life was the exact length God intended. Second, I asked the church never to forget her family. Whether it's 2 months or 5 years later, the family will never "get over" losing Kristin. They will never stop needing Christians who care and remember.

In times like this, don't forget that God is in control and that He wants us to be a comfort to others.

- Dave Branon

When we sustain a heartbreaking loss,
    When grief overwhelms our soul,
    The Savior who gave Himself on the cross
    Reminds us that He's in control. - D. De Haan

In every desert of despair God has an oasis of comfort.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

An Eye Witness Account from New York City, on a cold day in December:

A little boy about 10 years old was standing before a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.
    A lady approached the boy and said, "My little fellow, why are you looking so earnestly in that window?"

"I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes," was the boy's reply.

The lady took him by the hand and went into the store and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her. She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with a towel. By this time the clerk had returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes. She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.

She patted him on the head and said, "No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more comfortable now?" As she turned to go, the astonished lad caught her by the hand, and looking up in her face, with tears in his eyes, answered the question with these words: "Are you God's Wife?"

Lannguyen

Thanks

do not delay to do good to people around us. What are you doing today?
    Longnguyen

Thanks

A Happy Reunion

Read:
    Revelation 21:1-5

Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. - Revelation 21:3

In 2002, Elizabeth Smart was kid napped from her home in Utah. She lived a vagabond life in the constant presence of the couple accused of abducting her. However, 9 months after she was abducted she was found and returned home. It was the happy reunion her family had been longing for.

In the book of Revelation, John describes a vision of a new heaven and a new earth and our future reunion with the Lord (21:1-5). The context is not just geographic, but a context of life for God's people -a glorious reality of God and His people dwelling together for eternity.

John describes the benefits that come to God's people when He takes up His abode in their midst. Abolished forever are the debilitating consequences of sin. In John's vision, sorrow, death, pain, and separation are all part of the first things that are now gone. The old order gives way to the new and perfect order - a reunion of eternal blessedness. "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His peopl... . He who sat on the throne said, `Behold, I make all things new' " (Rev. 21:3,5).

One day, we'll rejoice over a happy reunion in heaven with our heavenly Father. We cannot imagine what a day of rejoicing that will be!

-Marvin Williams

Beyond the sunset, O glad reunion
    With our dear loved ones who've gone before;
    In that fair homeland we'll know no parting.
    Beyond the sunset forevermore.

-Brock

Separation is the law of earthreunion is the law of heaven.

ODB
    Lannguyen

Thanks

I am a Soldier

Cindye Coates

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, of the army of my God.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer.
    The Holy Bible is my code of conduct.
    Faith, Prayer and the Word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience,
    tried by adversity, and tested by fire.

I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity.
    I will either retire in this army at the Rapture or die in this Army;
    but I will not get out, sell out, be talked out.
    I am faithful, capable, and dependable.

If my God needs me, I am there.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. I am not a baby.
    I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior.
    No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me.

I am a solider, a prayer warrior. I am not a wimp.
    I am in place, saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name
    and building His Kingdom!

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior.
    No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy, or give me handouts.
    I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for, or catered to.

I am committed.
    I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around.
    I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside.
    I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Lannguyen

Thanks

Macauley

Read:
    Isaiah 6:1-8

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
    - Isaiah 6:8

Macauley Rivera, one of my dearest friends in Bible college, had a passion for the Savior. His heart's desire was to graduate, marry his fiancée Sharon, return to the inner city of Washington, DC, and plant a church to reach his friends and family for Christ.
    That dream ended, however, when Mac and Sharon were tragically killed in an accident, leaving the student body stunned at the loss. At Mac's memorial service, the challenge was issued: "Mac is gone. Who will serve in his place?" As evidence of the impact of Mac's example, more than 200 students stood to take up the mantle of Christ's fallen servant.
    The response of those students echoes the commitment of Isaiah. In a time of fear and insecurity, the prophet was summoned into the throne room of God, where he heard Him say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Isaiah responded, "Here am I! Send me" (Isa. 6:8).

God still calls men and women to be His ambassadors today. He challenges us to serve Him- sometimes close to home, sometimes in distant lands. The question for us is, How will we respond to His call? May God give us the courage to say, "Here am I! Send me."

- Bill Crowder

Take the task He gives you gladly;
    Let His work your pleasure be;
    Answer quickly when He calleth,
    "Here am I, send me, send me." - March

Whom God calls, He qualifies; whom He qualifies, He sends.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Till He Became Strong

Read:
    2 Chronicles 26:3-15

His fame spread far and wide, for he was marvelously helped till he became strong. - 2 Chronicles 26:15

In George MacDonald's fairy tale Lilith, giants live among normal people. These giants must conduct their daily affairs very carefully. When they sleep, their snoring is disruptive. When they turn over, houses may be crushed under their weight.

In the Bible, Uzziah became a "giant" of a man after becoming king at age 16. The keys to his success are recorded in 2 Chronicles 26. His father Amaziah set a good example for him (v.4). The prophet Zechariah instructed him (v.5). He had an army of fighting men and capable generals who helped him (vv.11-15). And God prospered him (v.5).
    Clearly, King Uzziah became a "giant" through the Lord's blessing. But after attaining success, he grew careless and stumbled badly. The clue to his demise is found in the phrase "he was marvelously helped till he became strong" (v.15).

Those last four words serve as a dire warning to us all. Uzziah's "heart was lifted up, to his destruction" (v.16). He usurped the priestly duties and became leprous (vv.16-21).
    We have all been marvelously helpedby our Lord God, by those He has given to set an example for us, and by those who serve alongside us. When we become strong, we must take heed, or we too will stumble.

- Albert Lee

When all goes well and I feel strong,
    Oh, help me, Lord, to see
    That I must place my confidence
    In You and not in me. - Anon.

I have never met a man who has given me
    as much trouble as myself.
    - D. L. Moody

ODB
    Lannguyen

Thanks

An Eye Witness Account from New York City, on a cold day in December:

A little boy about 10 years old was standing before a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.
    A lady approached the boy and said, "My little fellow, why are you looking so earnestly in that window?"

"I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes," was the boy's reply.

The lady took him by the hand and went into the store and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her. She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with a towel. By this time the clerk had returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes. She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.

She patted him on the head and said, "No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more comfortable now?" As she turned to go, the astonished lad caught her by the hand, and looking up in her face, with tears in his eyes, answered the question with these words: "Are you God's Wife?"

Lannguyen

Thanks

"Are you God's Wife?"
    Longnguyen

Thanks

Are you Impetuous?

Impetuous Peter often put his foot in his mouth or reacted too quickly and immediately had to face the consequences.

Matt 16:21—23 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

1 John 18:10,11 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.) Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"

Mattt 14:28-31 "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "Why did you doubt?"

Consider your actions and replies, develop a Christ-like attitude and lifestyle and the kindness and thoughtfulness will have you automatically react in the way that will bring good consequences and blessings rather than getting yourself in hot water with impetuous reactions.

Titus 2:7,8 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

Think on Jesus' words:

John 14:23,24 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Cofc
    Lannguyen

Thanks

What Pleases God

"But our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases." (Psalm 115:3).

Often we hear questions asked about why God does the things He does. He is never obligated to explain to us His reasons. (Romans 9) It should be enough for His children to know that it pleased Him. Anything God does is right because He does it.

For example, if someone asks why God created the universe, we may simply answer that it was for His "will they exist were created" (Revelation 4:11). "Whatever the LORD pleases He does, In heaven and in earth, In the seas and in all deep places." (Psalm 135:6). He does not have to give account to us, because we were also created by him at His pleasure.

And why did He allow His Son to suffer and die on the cross? Although "He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him" and to "make His soul an offering for sin," knowing that eventually "the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand" (Isaiah 53:9,10).

We may never understand why God has done this or many of the other things He has done, especially for sinners such as us, but we don't have to understand. "It pleased God . . . to save them that believe" (1 Corinthians 1:21), not them that understand. Simply believe and obey His directions.

We can be sure that God does have perfect reasons for everything He does, and perhaps we shall understand it all in eternity. In the meantime, we are simply (with Paul) to be thankful that "it pleased God, who . . . called me through His grace, To reveal His Son in me" (Galatians 1:15,16).
    Lannguyen

Thanks

The Tempted Brothers

Read:
    Genesis 39:1-12

How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? - Genesis 39:9

Two brothers - both far from home - faced similar temptations. One, working away from the family, fell to the schemes of a younger woman. His sin led to embarrassment and family turmoil. The other, separated from loved ones because of family turmoil, resisted the advances of an older woman. His faithfulness led to rescue and renewal for the family.

Who are these brothers? Judah, who fell to the desperate scheme of his neglected daughter-in-law Tamar (Gen. 38). And Joseph, who ran from the arms of Potiphar's wife (Gen. 39). One chapter, an ugly story of irresponsibility and deception; the other, a beautiful chapter of faithfulness.

The stories of Judah and Joseph, presented back-to-back in the midst of "the history of Jacob" (37:2), show us that temptation itself is not the problem. Everybody faces temptation, even Jesus did (Matt. 4:1-11). But how do we face temptation? Do we demonstrate that faith in God can shield us from giving in to sin?

Joseph gave us one way of escape: Recognize sin as an affront to God and run from it. Jesus gave another: Answer temptation with truth from God's Word.
    Facing temptation? See it as an opportunity to make God and His Word real in your life. Then run!

- Dave Branon

For Further Study
    To gain insight into how to say no to temptation, check out Resisting The Lure: Recognizing The Dangers Of Sexual Temptation at www.discoveryseries.org/q0707

We fall into temptation when we don't stand against it.

ODB
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Unfold the Rose

A young, new preacher was walking with an older, more seasoned preacher in the garden one day. Feeling a bit insecure about what God had for him to do, he was asking the older preacher for some advice. The older preacher walked up to a rose bush and handed the young preacher a rosebud and told him to open it without tearing any of the petals. The young preacher looked in disbelief at the older preacher and was trying to figure out what a rosebud could possibly have to do with his wanting to know the will of God for his life and ministry. But, because of his great respect for the older preacher, he proceeded to try and unfold the rosebud while keeping every petal intact. It wasn't long before he realized how impossible this was to do. Noticing the young preacher's inability to unfold the rosebud without tearing it, the older preacher began to recite the following poem:

It is only a tiny rosebud
    A flower of God's design;
    But I cannot unfold the petals
    With these clumsy hands of mine.
    The secret of unfolding flowers
    Is not known to such as I.
    GOD opens this flower so sweetly,
    Then, in my hands, they die.
    If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
    The flower of God's design,
    Then how can I have the wisdom
    To unfold this life of mine?
    So, I'll trust in Him for leading
    Each moment of my day.
    I will look to Him for His guidance
    Each step of the Pilgrim's way
    The pathway that lies before me
    Only my Heavenly Father knows.
    I'll trust him to unfold the moments,

Just as He unfolds the rose.

Psa 73:28 "But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works."
    Lannguyen

Thanks

yes we do not know what lies ahead of our life
    Longnguyen

Thanks

Vào trong mạng lưới này để nghe Ravi , một diễn giả người Ấn độ, ông ta đi khắp thế giới nói chuyện về chân lý của Cơ Đốc Giáo . Bài nói chuyện với tại đại học Illinois , Ravi đã trả lời những câu hỏi hóc búa về Kinh Thánh....

Mới các bạn vào đây.....

http://www.rzim.org/USA/Resources/Watch.aspx

http://www.rzim.org/USA/Resources/Re.../Archives.aspx

Thanks

rất hay
    Longnguyen

Thanks

God Is Talking TO YOU - Are You Listening?

In Hebrews 1:1-2 the Bible says, "God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us BY HIS SON." In years gone by, people of God have seen times of God speaking directly to them. Patriarchs and prophets often listened to God’s voice and then relayed His will to man.
    When we consider those times, we wonder; Does God try to talk to me? Is He interested in talking to me? Is it possible that God is talking and I’m just not listening? In answer to these questions, it can be said with absolute certainty, God is talking to you! You may not be listening. But He is talking to you. The question then follows; How is He talking to me?
    The passage cited above says that in the last days, God speaks to us through His Son. In John 12:49-50 Jesus explained, "For I have not spoken of myself but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." Therefore, when we consider the life and teaching of Jesus, we know that his words were God’s words, to you and me.

But when Jesus left this world, did God stop communicating with man through His Son? Positively not. In John 14:25-26 Jesus explained how this line of communication from God, through him, would continue through the Spirit guided Apostles. He said, "These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus continued in this line of thought in John 16:13 where he said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come." We continue to see, God speaks to us through His Son. While Jesus was on Earth, he spoke as the Father guided him. When he left this Earth, the Spirit came down and guided the Apostles in a continuation of what had begun to be revealed through Jesus.

Now we need to understand the link between what the Spirit revealed to the Apostles and how God speaks to us today. In I Corinthians 2:13 the Apostle Paul said, "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth..." Therefore, what the Spirit revealed to the Apostles, they in turn wrote to man. This conclusion is enforced by Ephesians 3:3-4 where Paul said, "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I WROTE afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)."

In times past, God spoke directly to man. Now He has revealed His word trough His Son. Jesus passed it on to the Spirit, who revealed it to the Apostles and others. These wrote it down, which record we now have in the New Testament. The result of this work is described by Paul in II Timothy 3:16-17 where he says, ‘All scripture is given by INSPIRATION of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. "

God is talking to you! He speaks to you through His Son. These words do not come by his voice, but by the written page, His holy word. Today you have access to this word by reading the New Testament scriptures. But is this the only means of communication from God to you? Many claim that God has spoken to them directly through dreams and new revelation. But we have already leaned that the time of direct communication is over. Take time and consider more of what God says about this.

What about these people who claim to have dreams and visions from God? In Jeremiah 23:28 the Bible says, "The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully... Take note of the verses that follow in Jeremiah and you will see that God is displeased with their dream telling. The reason being, it was by this means that God’s people were being led astray. In Jeremiah 23:32 it says, "Behold, I AM AGAINST THEM THAT PROPHESY FALSE DREAMS, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them..."

Very obviously, God is not pleased when we listen to dreams instead of his word! Consider that in Job 4:12 Eliphaz the Temanite spoke to Job. Eliphaz claimed to have a vision, given by God. He followed a dream in his discourse. But in Job 42:7 the Lord spoke to Eliphaz and told him he was wrong. Eliphaz had a dream. He trusted the dream. And God said he was WRONG! Surely you can see that we must not put confidence in those who claim visions, as though they speak God’s word.

Dreamers are not the only ones deceiving people. Others claim to have additional revelation from God, beyond what is revealed in the Bible. Many sources such as the Book Of Mormon, the writings of Ellen G. White, The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society and others are claiming to reveal truth beyond the message of the Bible. These claim that the Bible is good, but not enough. We are told we need their revelations to make our life for God complete.

Is the Bible really insufficient? Do we need more? In II Peter 1:3 Peter said, "According as his diving power bath given unto us ALL THINGS that pertain to life and godliness..." In Acts 20:20, 27 Paul said, "..I have kept back nothing that was profitable unto you...For I have not shunned to declare unto you ALL THE COUNSEL OF GOD." According to the Spirit guided Apostles, the word they spoke, the New Testament, contains everything you need! You don’t need the Book Of Mormon! You don’t need others today who claim inspiration. You need the Word of God as revealed in the Bible!

In Matthew 15:8-9 Jesus well said, "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men/" To render acceptable worship to God, you don’t need the doctrines of men. You need to accept only God’s word. God has revealed His word through Jesus, through the Spirit, to the Apostles, written in the New Testament. God is talking to you! Are you listening?

CoC
    Lannguyen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information