Default Re: Who Are You To Judge?

Lannguyen

Thanks

Turkish Delight

Read:
    John 21:15-19

Your law is my delight. - Psalm 119:174

In C. S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the White Witch needed to know only one thing about Edmund to get him to betray his siblings. By asking a few simple questions, the witch learned that Edmund's weakness was his love for a candy called Turkish Delight. The piece she gave to Edmund was more delicious than anything he had ever tasted. Soon Edmund could think only about "trying to shovel down as much Turkish Delight as he could, and the more he ate the more he wanted."

Each of us has a vulnerability like Edmund's that Satan is eager to exploit. It may be something addictive like drugs or alcohol, or it may be something seemingly harmless and perhaps even good like food, friendship, or work.

After His resurrection, Jesus asked Peter this personal and probing question: "Do you love Me more than these?" (John 21:15). Many have speculated as to what Jesus meant by the word "these," but it's probably better that we don't know. It allows each of us to personalize the question and ask ourselves, "What do I love more than Jesus?"
    When Satan finds out what we love more than God, he knows how to manipulate us. But he loses his power over us when we delight in the Lord.

- Julie Ackerman Link

I love Thee, because Thou hast first loved me,
    And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;
    I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow,
    If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now. - Featherstone

God takes delight in us - how can we help
    but delight in Him?
    Lannguyen

Thanks

The question of love
    1. Do you truly love me more than these?
    a.) The point of Jesus – 3 Options
    1.) Jesus could have been asking about the love that Peter had for his fellow apostles
    2.) Jesus could have been asking if Peter loved Him more than any of the other apostles
    3.) Jesus could have been asking if Peter loved Him more than the occupation of fishing

I love you with all my heart
    Longnguyen

Thanks

Words That DefileRead:

Matthew 15:17-20

He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.
    Proverbs 13:3

Recently I overheard an older woman speaking to a friend about the current obsession with dieting. "These days," she mused, "I'm more concerned with what comes out of my mouth than what goes into it." There's a world of wisdom in those words.

Jesus put it this way: "Those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man" (Matthew 15:18-20).

What we say affects others. "There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword," says Proverbs 12:18. But what we may overlook is the effect our reckless words have on us. When we gossip, or when we malign others, our words begin to ruin us, for we gratify the evil that is in us and strengthen it until it overthrows us.

On the contrary, when we guard our lips we strike a blow at this malevolence. "The tongue of the wise promotes health," continues Proverbs 12:18. We protect our souls, for we weaken the very thing that lies in wait to ruin us.
    Ask God to "set a guard" over your mouth and "keep watch over the door" of your lips (Psalm 141:3). Let your words promote life, not destruction.

David Roper

Guard well your lips, for none can know
    What evils from the tongue may flow;
    What guilt, what grief may be incurred
    By one uncautious, evil word. Elliott

A word from your mouth speaks volumes about your heart.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

I agree 100%
    Longnguyen

Thanks

Calling Evil Good

Read:
    Isaiah 5:18-23

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil! - Isaiah 5:20

The Wizard of Oz has remained popular for years. People of all ages have learned moral lessons from Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion as they traveled down the yellow brick road. Of course, in the plot line the great enemy to be overcome is the Wicked Witch of the West. Evil is clearly depicted and overcome by good.

A new Broadway musical, however, turns the moral sense of the original story on its head. In this rewriting of the story, the wicked witch is presented as a sympathetic character. Born with green skin, she feels like an outsider.

Major characters, plot lines, roles, and other details are altered so that the wicked witch is really just a misunderstood person. The audience might come away with the idea that evil is good and good is evil.
    During the ministry of the prophet Isaiah, a reversal of moral values took place in Israel. Some actually lifted up the evils of murder, idolatry, and adultery as good. In response, Isaiah gave a stern warning: "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil!" (Isa. 5:20).

In our relativistic world, popular culture constantly challenges biblical values. But studying, memorizing, and meditating on God's Word can ensure our discernment between good and evil.

- Dennis Fisher

In our day-to-day existence,
    Evil sometimes wears a mask;
    Trust the Lord for true discernment;
    He gives wisdom when we ask. - Hess

If we know the truth, we can discern what's false.

ODB
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Into The Desert

Read:
    Exodus 15:22-27

I am the Lord who heals you.
    Exodus 15:26

After the Israelites miraculously crossed the Red Sea, they were led into the desert. How strange that God would lead them from a place of revelation and power to a place of disappointment and dire need! But God wanted to show them that life is a combination of bitter and sweet, triumph and defeat. When the Israelites arrived at Marah, they complained because the water was bitter (Ex. 15:23). After Moses interceded (v.25), God reminded them to keep His commandments (v.26). Then He brought them to the abundance and refreshment of Elim. (v.27)

The Lord wanted to teach them that each experience on their journey would reveal their hearts. This test showed that were living by sight and not by faith.

They also learned that God was involved in their daily affairs. He wanted them to know that He not only could part the sea, but He would also supply water for His people. He knew their needs because He planned their way.

If you are being led into a wilderness of disappointment and bitterness right now, trust God, for He knows exactly where you are and what you need. As you obey His commands, He will lead you out of the desert and into a place of spiritual abundance, healing, and refreshment.

Marvin Williams

We shrink from this life's challengeswe plead
    For watered pastures never touched by pain;
    But God will often let us sense our need
    Before He sends His cool, refreshing rain.

Gustafson

The more bitter the desert experience,
    the sweeter the water of the oasis.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

'Cause My Cup Has Overflowed

I've never made a fortune,
    and it's probably too late now.
    But I don't worry about that much,
    I'm happy anyhow.
    And as I go along life's way,
    I'm reaping better than I sowed.
    I'm drinking from my saucer,
    'Cause my cup has overflowed.
    Haven't got a lot of riches,
    and sometimes the going's tough.
    But I've got loving ones all around me,
    and that makes me rich enough.
    I thank God for his blessings,
    and the mercies He's bestowed.
    I remember times when things went wrong,
    My faith wore somewhat thin.
    But all at once the dark clouds broke,
    and the sun peeped through again.
    So Lord, help me not to gripe,
    about the tough rows I have hoed.
    If God gives me strength and courage,
    When the way grows steep and rough.
    I'll not ask for other blessings,
    I'm already blessed enough.
    And may I never be too busy,
    to help others bear their loads.
    Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,

When I think of how many people in this world have it worse than I do,
    I realize just how lucky most of us really are.
    Don't be too busy today...Share this inspiring message with friends and family.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Tyndale Translation

William Tyndale, first translated the Bible from Hebrew and Greek into English, making a Bible for the common people. In 1535 he was betrayed by a friend, taken prisoner to the castle of Vilford, and continued to work on his translation. He was unable to finish his work because he was sentenced to die a heretic’s death: strangulation and burning at the stake. On October 6, 1536 he cried out his last words, “Lord, open the king of England’s eyes!” and then he died. His prayer was answered within a year.

Source unknown
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Vì một sự hiễu lầm mà William Tindale phải chết.... vì một sư hiểu lầm mà một người phải sống cô đơn qua bao nhiêu năm...
    Longnguyen

Thanks

Are you Impetuous?

Impetuous Peter often put his foot in his mouth or reacted too quickly and immediately had to face the consequences.

Matt 16:21—23 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

1 John 18:10,11 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.) Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"

Mattt 14:28-31 "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "Why did you doubt?"

Consider your actions and replies, develop a Christ-like attitude and lifestyle and the kindness and thoughtfulness will have you automatically react in the way that will bring good consequences and blessings rather than getting yourself in hot water with impetuous reactions.

Titus 2:7,8 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
    Think on Jesus' words:

John 14:23,24 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Ai dùng gươm sẽ chết vì gươm - (Mt.26: 52-53 = Jn. 18 :10-11)
    Chúa xem xét sự bạo tàn, độc hại. Chính Ngài sẽ ra tay báo trả - (Ps.10: 14)

Thanks

I learn a new word today Impetuous. Lord forgive me for my action that I act like Peter. Will you all forgive me and let read the word ò God together.
    Titus 2:7,8 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
    Think on Jesus' words:

John 14:23,24 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Love you so much today

Thanks

Feeding on the Word

He was one of the greatest rulers in African history and the creator of modern Ethiopia. Born in 1844, he was captured during an enemy raid and held prisoner for 10 years. Escaping, Menekil II declared himself head of the province of Shewa. He began conquering neighboring kingdoms and developed them into modern Ethiopia with himself as emperor. When Italy tried to take over Ethiopia Menekil’s army met and crushed the Italians at the Battle of Aduwa. This victory, as well as his efforts to modernize Ethiopia (schools, telephones, railroads), make Menekil world-famous.

The emperor had one little known eccentricity. Whenever he was feeling ill, he would eat a few pages of the Bible, insisting that this always restored his health. One day in December, 1913, recovering from a stroke and feeling extremely ill, he had the entire book of Kings torn from an Egyptian edition of the Bible, ate every page of it—and died.

Source unknown
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Default I pray you enough.......

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport. They had announced the departure. Standing near the security gate, they hugged, and the mother said, 'I love you, and I pray you enough.'

The daughter replied, 'Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I pray you enough, too, Mom.'

They kissed, and the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there, I could see she wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy, but she welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?'

Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'
    'Well...I'm not as young as I once was, she lives so far away & has her own busy life. I have some challenges ahead, and the reality is - her next trip back will be for my funeral,' she said.

'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I pray you enough.' May I ask what that means?'

She began to smile. 'That's a prayer that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone.' She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, and she smiled even more. 'When we said, 'I pray you enough,' we wanted the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them.'

Then, turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.
    I pray you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I pray you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
    I pray you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
    I pray you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
    I pray you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
    I pray you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
    I pray you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Then, she began to cry, and walked away.
    They say, it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but an entire life to forget them.

• Only if you pray, send this to the people you will never forget

• TAKE TIME TO LIVE.....
    To all my friends and loved ones,

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH.......

Lannguyen

Thanks

I pray enough for you and love you very much.
    Longnguyen

Thanks

Words And Numbers

Read:
    John 17:20-26

I and My Father are one. - John 10:30

My husband is a "numbers" person; I am a "word" person. When my incompetence with numbers gets the best of me, I try to boost my ego by reminding Jay that word people are superior because Jesus called Himself the Word, not the Number.

Instead of trying to defend himself, Jay just smiles and goes on about his business, which consists of much more important things than my silly arguments.

Since Jay will not defend himself, I feel compelled to do so. Although I am right about Jesus being the Word, I am wrong in saying that He didn't refer to Himself as a number. One of the most moving passages of Scripture is Christ's prayer just before His arrest and crucifixion. Facing death, Jesus prayed not only for Himself, but also for His disciples and for us. His most urgent request on our behalf involved a number: "[I pray] that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me" (John 17:21).

As people who live by the Word, we need to remember that "right words" sound hollow to the world unless we, being one in Christ, are glorifying God with one mind and one voice.

- Julie Ackerman Link

Make us one, Lord, make us one
    Holy Spirit, make us one.
    Let Your love flow so the world will know
    We are one in You.

- Cymbala

God calls His children to unity.
    Lannguyen

Thanks

Get alone somewhere, open your Bible, and Take some time to listen to God today!

Lannguyen

Thanks

Make us one, Lord, make us one
    Holy Spirit, make us one.
    Let Your love flow so the world will know
    We are one in You.

- Cymbala

I took my bible to my friend house today and study with him. Love you so much.
    Longnguyen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information